Our terms and conditions
To help make everything clear for our clients, we've written down a few things about the way we do business. When you ask us to write for you, you're hiring Polon Ltd. These terms and conditions are about your relationship with this company.
- Several writers may work on any project on behalf of the company. We'll choose whoever is best for the work and, unless we've agreed otherwise, these writers, or others working for Polon Ltd, are free to use concepts, ideas and copy prepared for you with other clients and to feature it on our website.
- We'll agree a fee for your project, setting out the scope of work this covers. If the scope changes during the project, we'll agree a revised fee with you. After you've accepted the work we produce (or at monthly intervals during a big project) we'll send you an invoice. On it, we ask you to pay within 14 days unless we've agreed otherwise. Payment gives you the right to use the words we've written for you. No right to use them exists before payment.
- If you want to agree a retainer for six months or more, we'll offer you a discount of 10% on our project fees. Here's how a retainer with us works:
- You pay us an agreed amount at the beginning of each month.
- We complete the projects you send us during that month up to the monthly retainer total.
- You can carry any unused time over to the next month.
- If you want more work in a particular month than your retainer covers, you can draw from your following month's allowance or pay us for the work at the full rate.
- If you don't want to pay on time and you haven't told us you're unhappy with anything we've written for you then we'll start charging you statutory interest from the date the invoice was due. We'll also add on any costs that we incur from recovering the debt. Want to know more? Check out the Late Payment of Commercial Debts [Interest] Act 1998 as amended and supplemented by the Late Payment of Commercial Debts Regulations 2002.
- We want you to love the work we do for you. However, we can't promise that something will succeed in the market. If you're not happy with our work we'll do our best to sort things out for you. If you're really not happy then all legal disputes must be handled in an English court subject to English law.
- In any and all legal disputes, Polon Ltd's liability shall be absolutely limited to the fee previously agreed for the work. In the event of legal action being taken against Polon Ltd by other parties as a result of work you've commissioned from us, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless Polon Ltd in all respects.